4 Day Hard Surface Seminar
May 28 - May 31 2018 @ Scotland Neck, NC | Host: Ventosa Kennel
THE HARD SURFACE K9 TRACKING SEMINAR TEACHES STUDENTS HOW TO START THEIR K9 PARTNERS ON HARD SURFACES TYPICALLY FOUND IN URBAN ENVIRONMENTS. K9’S WILL BE TAUGHT TO SUCCESSFULLY TRACK THROUGH ENVIRONMENTS THAT HOLD LITTLE GROUND DISTURBANCE ODOR AND WILL FOCUS ONLY ON HUMAN ODOR. K9’S WILL LEARN SOLID SCENT DISCRIMINATION THROUGH THIS PROCESS. THE COURSE IS AN ADVANCED TRACKING COURSE. IT IS SUITABLE ONLY FOR THOSE TEAMS WHO HAVE COMPLETED A BASIC TRACKING COURSE. THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER’S COURSE.
THIS SEMINAR INCLUDES APPROXIMATELY FOUR HOURS OF CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION AND THE REMAINING TIME SPENT IN FIELDWORK. TOTAL HOURS OF THE SEMINAR IS APPROXIMATELY TWENTY-FOUR HOURS OVER THE THREE DAY PERIOD. WE HAVE INCLUDED A FOURTH DAY, WHICH IS OPTIONAL FOR THOSE TEAMS WHO NEED AN EXTRA DAY FOR PROBLEM SOLVING.
ALL TRAINING WILL TAKE PLACE ON VARIOUS HARD SURFACE AREAS. K9’S MAY BE HOUSED IN OUR KENNEL OR PARTICIPATES MAY KEEP DOGS IN THEIR OWN CRATES IN THE EVENING. LODGING FOR PARTICIPATES WILL BE PROVIDED AT OUR GUEST HOUSE ON-SITE. THE GUEST HOUSE HAS A FULL KITCHEN FOR MEAL PREPARATION OR RESTAURANTS ARE APPROXIMATELY 15-MINUTES AWAY.
- Attendees: All attendees should be in physical condition commensurate with the physical requirements of tracking with your dog.
- Dogs: All dogs must have all shots and be current.
- Equipment: Each team must have a tracking harness, 15-feet tracking lead, and chain choke collar, water and food bowls. Handlers should dress appropriate for warm weather with comfortable ankle length or greater leather boots.
- Vehicles: Each attendee must have a vehicle containing a crate for transporting the dog.
- Cost: The cost includes all instruction, classroom training materials, kennels for dogs, and three nights lodging for participants.
- Handler with dog – $500.00/Includes Lodging
- Visit website